Regardless of whether we’re young or old, the world in which we live is full of incredible things and phenomena of which we’ve yet to learn. That’s how it is, how it’s always been, and how it always will be. One simply can’t know everything.
Today Bright Side presents you with a collection of fascinating facts that are definitely worth checking out!
- There’s an almost 100% probability that the glass from which you drink contains at least one molecule of water that once passed through the body of a dinosaur. (Fact)
- The hummingbird is the only bird that can fly backward. (Fact)
- The bacteria living in your body outnumber the cells of which they are composed by 10 times. (Fact)
- The fingerprints of a koala bear are indistinguishable from the fingerprints of a human, even when studied under an electron microscope. (Fact)
- The Tardigrade (also known as the Moss Piglet or Water Bear) is the most tenacious creature on Earth. It can survive such extreme conditions as permafrost, boiling temperatures, radiation, and even the vacuum of space. (Fact)
- The time difference between when Tyrannosaurus and Stegosaurus lived is greater than the time difference between Tyrannosaurus and us. (Fact)
- Earthworms have five hearts. (Fact)