Who said that science is boring? Scientists have recently found out that coconut water can be administered intravenously, and the Mona Lisa actually used to have eyebrows. This world will never stop surprising us — take a look for yourself!
Bright Side wants to show you a list of new scientific facts which may seem more like a sci-fi movie description at first.
- The coldest place in the Universe is on Earth. Scientists from Finland managed to freeze atoms using a laser. This allowed them to reach a temperature that is insanely close to the absolute zero.
- If we could get rid of the empty space in atoms, all of humanity would fit in an apple.
- One of the most slippery substances in the world is the lubricant in your knees.
- The biggest living organism in the world is Armillaria ostoyae which grows in Malheur (Oregon, U.S.) Its size is more than 2,174 acres and its age is around 2,400 years.
- A squid’s brain looks like a bagel. It’s all because of the way its digestive system is designed: the food should go through the brain because of the nature of a squid’s body. A “bagel” helps to keep the brain intact when a squid swallows big chunks of food.