The human mind is a confusing and scary thing. It’s so complex that, to date, we still don’t know everything about it. Even the facts that scientists have proven to be true tend to be puzzling and sometimes highly disturbing.
Bright Side is here to share 18 of these mind-boggling facts about the human mind that will get in-between you and a good night’s sleep.
- We feel more confident when we see others being humiliated
- The feeling of butterflies in our stomach when we fall in love is actually a stress reaction.
- Many people consider themselves to be better than average.
- We’re attracted to people with narcissism and psychopathy.
- Loneliness makes us think negatively about our neighborhood.
- We would rather feel pain than be bored.