It has been confirmed.
The U.S. State Department BLOCKED private flights in and out of Afghanistan.
Why does this matter?
Because private flights were evacuating American citizens and our allies out of the country.
Why were private flights doing it?
Because the Biden administration failed to evacuate Americans safely and on time.
Many nonprofit organizations sent private planes to get people out.
In fact, one Republican congressman even went to Afghanistan to get people out.
And now we have confirmation that our own government blocked people from evacuating.
Where is the media outrage?
More details, including the emails, below:
— The Daily Wire (@realDailyWire) September 7, 2021
Bombshell leaked emails show State Department refused to greenlight Afghan evacuation planes: Report | Daily Mail Online https://t.co/qr8CmQq8b7
— Bernard B. Kerik (@BernardKerik) September 8, 2021
NEW: Email obtained by Fox News shows State Department saying they won’t grant official approval for private rescue flights from Afghanistan — even as they acknowledge that many third countries won’t accept flights without that official approval https://t.co/Q9Pru9aG0Z
— Peter J. Hasson (@peterjhasson) September 7, 2021
If Biden had done his job, then private planes would not have been needed to help get Americans out.
But clearly someone had to step in.
The Daily Mail confirms that the US State Department prevented Americans from evacuating by blocking those flights:
The State Department refused to green light a number of privately chartered flights out of Afghanistan that could have evacuated US citizens and Afghan special immigrant visa applicants, leaked emails reportedly show.
Military lawyer and retired Marine Eric Montalvo shared the communications with Fox after he organized some of the flights and now claims the federal government thwarted his rescue effort.
The leaked emails show State officials refusing to allow Montalvo’s privately paid for flights to use US property either inside the country or at one of its many overseas bases, after the Biden administration pledged to do whatever it can to rescue all Americans and as many Afghan allies as possible.
‘No independent charters are allowed’ at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar,’ an email from September 1 says.
‘In fact, no charters are allowed to land at an [sic] DoD base and most if not all countries in the Middle Eastern region, with the exception of perhaps Saudi Arabia will allow charters to land.’
The New York Times reported that a total of 1,000 people – including dozens of American citizens – had been held at the Mazar-i-Sharif airport for nearly a week.
Other passengers hoping to fly include Afghans who hold visas to move to other countries, including the United States.
The official suggested Montalvo look to a different destination country for help.
‘And it can’t be the U.S. either,’ they added.
‘Once you have had discussions with the host/destination country and reached an agreement, they may require some indication from the [US government] that we ‘approve’ of this charter flight.’
The State Department pre-emptively refused to provide that approval but conceded to tell that third country it had ‘no objection’ via the US embassy in that state.
On Sunday, Reuters reported that the delay had been caused by Biden administration officials not telling Taliban leaders it had approved the departures of the chartered flights.
Tuesday’s revelation comes in stark contrast to Biden administration officials’ denials from around the same time.
State Department spokesman Ned Price dismissed the notion that the US government is preventing charter flights from leaving Afghanistan in a September 2 briefing.
That day Price told reporters the US doesn’t control Afghan airspace and so couldn’t possibly be in a position to grant or deny clearance.
‘The misimpression that is out there that we are preventing or even the idea that we could prevent a charter flight from taking off – that is simply untrue. We could not and we are not,’ Price said.
Press Secretary Jen Psaki also said on September 2, ‘Anyone who’s suggesting we are preventing these flights, that’s not accurate. We couldn’t prevent a charter flight from taking off.’
But she went on to say the federal government doesn’t have ‘reliable means’ to confirm who is organizing the flights or the status of anyone on board.
The Pentagon said it couldn’t comment on the leaked emails when asked by DailyMail.com.
We all know the truth.
If this had happened under President Trump, it would be a major scandal.
Yet we’ve hardly heard a word from the mainstream media about this apparent malpractice by our own government.
Biden failed the Americans he stranded in Afghanistan, so private citizens rushed to the rescue. So Biden shut them down. He’s a disgrace. https://t.co/zYC4MDuZ0S
— Tommy Hicks (@TommyHicksGOP) September 8, 2021
As a psychopathic abusive control freaks might note, “If we can’t rescue you, no one will…” State Department obstruction of private rescue flights from Afghanistan revealed in leaked email https://t.co/UfYbInW52U
— Tammy Bruce (@HeyTammyBruce) September 7, 2021
A private email leaked to the media shows that the State Department refused to grant approval for private flights to evacuate people left behind in Afghanistan even as the department admitted such approval would be needed for such flights. https://t.co/RahPBpfkQH
— Newsmax (@newsmax) September 7, 2021
Isn’t the State Department’s job to protect Americans?
If so, then why didn’t they rescue all Americans from Afghanistan?
Why did they prevent these flights from leaving with evacuees?
It doesn’t make any sense!
The New York Post confirms:
The State Department said it will not formally approve the departure of chartered planes from Afghanistan carrying Americans and allies — complicating efforts by private citizens to complete the evacuation of the left-behind, according to an email obtained by Fox News.
In a Sept. 1 email to attorney Eric Montalvo, a former US Marine who has organized a series of evacuation flights, a State Department official acknowledged that any flights taking Afghan refugees to Europe or the Middle East for initial processing “may require some indication from the USG [US government] that we ‘approve’ of this charter flight” in order to land.
The email continued: “DOS [State Department] will not provide an approval, but we will provide a ‘no objection’ to the destination country government via the U.S. Embassy in that country.”
The New York Times reported last week that Montalvo’s law firm had chartered a flight for 300 people from Afghanistan that landed in Doha, Qatar on Aug. 31. The flight reportedly caused consternation among US diplomatic and military personnel — with Greta Holtz, charge d’affaires at the Doha embassy, reporting that US Central Command (CENTCOM) “didn’t want the wing commander to land the plane because it didn’t have ‘status’. It had already landed.”
The Sept. 1 email from the State Department to Montalvo warned him that “no charters are allowed to land at an [sic] DoD base and most if not all countries in the Middle Eastern region, with the exception of perhaps Saudi Arabia will [not] allow charters to land.”
“You need to find another destination country,” the email went on, “and it can’t be the U.S. either.”
Since the American military’s withdrawal from Afghanistan ended Aug. 30, private citizens and nonprofit groups have scrambled to arrange transportation out of Taliban-controlled territory for the dozens of American citizens and estimated thousands of Afghans who assisted US-led NATO forces during the two-decade-long war.
White House press secretary Jen Psaki argued last week that the notion that the Biden administration was stopping such initiatives was incorrect.
“Anyone who’s suggesting we are preventing these flights, that’s not accurate,” she said during a briefing Sept. 2.
“We couldn’t prevent a charter flight from taking off, but what’s important for people to understand is where we have some concern, and that is the fact that we do not have reliable means to confirm the basic details of charter flights — including who may be organizing them, the number of American citizens and other priority groups on board, the accuracy of the manifest and where the plane may land, what security protocols they’re taking into place,” added Psaki, who cited “active” threats from the terror group ISIS-K in Afghanistan as the reason for the administration’s stance.
Once again, the Biden regime has been exposed as dishonest and incompetent.
But this is more than just politics.
Actual American lives are on the line.
Our State Department must do better!